
Reasons I Have Not Been Visiting Your Blog or I am exhausted because:
- i have been dealing with a sick 3 yo girl for 7 days.
- she has not eaten anything in seven days, and what she has drank (drinken? drunk?), has been syringed into her mouth (too painful to consume anything, gross virus). She has just started eating today. Crackers.
- i am tired of people telling me to 'be careful she doesn't get dehydrated'. We are in close contact with our GP who has seen her twice, and informed us at what point to take her to emerg for rehydrating.
- i am sleep deprived due to waking numerous times during the night to console said child when there is nothing in my power with which to console her.
- while she is now on the mend, i have been listening to temper tantrums pretty much non-stop except for 5-10 minute breaks, from the moment she woke up until now. As I speak she is screaming in my ear, and it is taking all my willpower to keep talking and not react in poor judgement.
- while I have tremendous compassion and sympathy for her plight, I am now, after 7 days, at the point of having tremendous compassion and sympathy for mine.
- i went to 8 hours of work orientation yesterday (lucy stayed home with daddy who she loves just as much as me, even when sick THANK GOODNESS), and came home so mentally exhausted due to information-overload, I thought my brain was going to buzz right out of my ears and eyes. It literally hurt.
- there has been a lot of required running around this week, as it is my 9yo daughter's 'crazy week' with Dance. The one where there's 2 days of dress rehearsals, one day of photo's, followed by 1 recital the first night, and 2 on the following day, Saturday. I haven't been able to take part in all this, but the mere coordinating of when I can, and when I can't, and who will get her here for this, and who will pick her up for that, and if they can possibly pick up my 14 yo son, who is at his friend's house across town, and oh shoot it's 3:20 and I have to put sick child in stroller and pick up 7 yo old from the bus stop as I don't have the car and.........
- although hubby helps out where he can, the reality is that he works full time, and we can all only be stretched so far and so thin.
On the brighter side....
- school is almost out, which will bring an end to the madness called June.
- my daughter is eating crackers!!
- i'm looking forward to watching the dance show on Saturday.
- my mood is stable
- the sun is shining!
- i'm excited about starting work in a few weeks
AND...
- the 39.5 fever my 7yo son Drake woke up with this morning? it's down a half degree. :)

11 comments:
So...I'm confused?! Can you repeat all that, because I am still unclear as to why you haven't posted or visited my blog in the past several days, lol, lol, lol. You poor thing. The joys of motherhood. Hope all is WELL in your home soon!
dear Coco,
You are clearly a real trooper!!
The joys of motherhood indeed PR. There are certainly lots of real joys that 'make it all worthwhile', but wow... the sheer volume of work and stress involved is immense hey?, even when one is on top of their game, so to speak. Thanks for the ear ;)
Hi Gianna. Thanks for the vote of confidence. I'm just so thankful I have some clarity of mind and ok energy to deal with all this right now. It's nothing too out of the ordinary really, but I feel like it's raining craziness around here! Thanks for stopping by :)
having a child not eat for 7 days is hardly ordinary...that's a real strain!!
I couldn't do it...hence I have no children...
It is very upsetting to me, my childlessness, but I have never felt it was right for me to have a child...I've always waited for the right time and it never has come...I'm 43 now...
when I hear stories like yours and your great strength I know I've made the right decision even if it's painful.
I admire mothers tremendously and take vicarious pleasure in hearing about family life...even the trials and tribulations...especially when done with such class!!
Oh, Coco, I know exactly what you mean! I've been there and it's so exhausting, and it's not like you have a whole lot of choice, you just sort of plug on, regardless of how you are feeling.
Hope things ease up soon!
*hugs* to you and your little one,
Jazz
Hi Coco,
Yes, I had been wondering about you. Take care,
Naturalgal
I was just remembering the end of the school year "June Fatigue" i would suffer with, and realized i don't have it since all of the kids are grown up, and school isnt part of my life (except work, but thats different). anyway, I remember going camping a lot once school was out, and laying in the tent and sleeping and sleeping.
we had the music lesson days, paint class, etc; anyway having one sick isnt easy on top of all of that. Those days are joyous memories for me now, and they will be for you too--even the funny ones, --er, well they will be funny later. LOL
Yikes, that is too much for any one person to contend with. It is amazing you were able to see the bright side. Hope everyone is well soon.
...aqua
Thank you, all of you, for your supportive comments! They're helping me put one foot in front of the other as Drake nears the end of Day 2 of high fever & vomiting. Lucy, however is eating up a storm!
Wow, Coco! Is that all humanly possible? I've got things so easy, even if I did have to spend three days with my mom taking her in for surgery and all the prep stuff involved.
My life is so easy compared to some. Thanks for helping me feel the gratitude.
I hope all goes better for you soon and that you have a relaxed summer.
Thank you Marja, I hope for a relaxing summer too! Although it will be different as I will be working full-time for the first time in a long time.
Sorry to hear about your mother, is she ok? She's lucky to have you to help with things. That must be a strain dealing with aging parents. Mine are only just 70, but I fear the day they start REALLY aging. I think it will be so emotional. Thanks for the support Marja :)
Post a Comment