Friday, June 13, 2008

57 things i really really like

    Inspired by Jazz & Shiv

  1. the smell of the ocean (smells like home)
  2. artistic ironwork
  3. reading obituaries
  4. old people's stories
  5. my cast iron frying pan
  6. Books! (and bookshelves)
  7. evanescence - amy lee's voice hits me in the gut
  8. people with a sick sense of humour
  9. satire/parody
  10. monty python
  11. square necklines
  12. local history
  13. black & white photos
  14. my morning coffee (cream & sugar please) while checking in on news & blogs
  15. shoulder/neck massages
  16. brainteasers
  17. teasers
  18. optical illusions
  19. crab!!
  20. black licorice icecream
  21. bike rides - esp. alone
  22. that just shaved feeling
  23. that sensation upon waking sometimes when you feel the heavy weight of having slept really deeply
  24. garage sales
  25. blue & white china, like jazz
  26. hypomania
  27. being a nonsmoker (for the last time) for 5 months
  28. old movies (Bette Davis, I love you)
  29. a well laid table (I appreciate it, but haven't attempted it)
  30. carnations....their fresh, cinammony smell
  31. going to bed with a good book
  32. first-time sex
  33. the sweet things kids say that jab you in the heart
  34. a relaxing deck for sitting out on on warm summer evenings
  35. rum & coke
  36. vintage ads
  37. peach cider
  38. camping
  39. good red wine
  40. reese's peanut butter cups
  41. skor blizzards
  42. running my hand over my son's shiny head of hair
  43. smelling my kids' freshly washed hair
  44. being hugged from behind
  45. vintage pretty much anything
  46. the sound of rain
  47. clean floors/carpets (a rarity)
  48. feeling inspired to do something creative
  49. the smell of sandalwood
  50. warm sand nestling a cool body
  51. black cat bubble gum
  52. bags (I've been called a baglady on more than one occasion, sometimes just a bag)
  53. reorganizing (see #26)
  54. Enigma (brings back fond memories of.... well let's just say it was 'background music' a fair bit during my 20's)
  55. the relationships I'm developing in the mental health blogosphere
  56. when my hubby gladly goes to the store at night because I mention having a craving for something :) (see # 40. also #41.)
  57. making people happy

8 comments:

Jazz said...

Coco, you are the first person I've "met" who appreciates the joyful taste sensation that is black licorice ice cream! I have found a kindred spirit, indeed!

Great list! I also have fond memories of the music of Enigma from my 20's!

Coco said...

Jazz, black licorice ice cream lovers are a rarity indeed! I expected any response to that one to be 'eeewww'! Too cool. No pun intended ~ heehee ;)

soulful sepulcher said...

i'm going to finally have to write one of these inspired by all 3 of you! (jazz,shiv,coco)but it won't be black licorice anything! hehe
some one knows what flavor ice cream besides double fudge i will be writing about! sssh!

JC said...

Hey Coco!! I think this would be a good project for me to do while i'm bored here in the "green jammies." So count me in and stay tuned. I just don't know when the internet will work next! :)

Mr B The Tech Teacher said...

Great list :)
Funny how reading other peoples lists gets you going "Oh yeah! I forgot about that!"
I'm tempted to do another list, maybe do 10 things each week.

~Shiv

Coco said...

Stephany, aw come on, you can tell me! What flavour??

Jena, yes I think that would be a good project for you too! Forces you to focus on good things for a spell. Hang in there sweety, I'm sure thinking of you lots.

Shiv, yeah I know, I do that too! It's impossible to come up with everything. 10 more things a week sounds like a good idea. I felt really good after doing the list, I guess due to visualizing all those scrumptious things. Good therapy I say!

Anonymous said...

No 8, lol. No wonder you and I are kindred spirits!

Coco said...

precious, yes indeed, I thought of that too... hee. I can tell you have one ;)