Sunday, January 31, 2010
shift
On edge turned to hypomanic.... which is what yesterday was all about too I think just the negative variety. No time for a proper post but wanted to record where I was at today. Lots of energy, good mood, jokey at work... everything peachy on the home front looking after the kids tonight after work while Brad's on night shift, when usually it stresses me out. Although now the kids are really getting on my nerves again so once again must start the bedtime routine.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
The more I read about Bipolar Disorder the less I believe I have it. All I seem to experience is depression and acute anxiety where my thoughts are very rapid and I'm all strung out. Not sure if we can call that hypomanic though.
Glad you're having a good day!
Hypomania, from what I understand, can take a few forms. So maybe it is hypomania (maybe dysphoric hypomania?). Can I ask how long these spells of anxiety last? For me hypomania can last anywhere from a few days to a few weeks. Just curious.
Hypomania can last anywhere from days to months. It really varies from person to person. And it is a type of energy. Sometimes the energy manifests itself in negative ways, and sometimes in positive ways. In many cases, people flip back and forth sharply between the negative and positive when they're hypomanic. It's not usually good to be hypomanic because the longer you're hypomanic untreated, the worse it typically gets and the depression that follows it usually reflects the severity as well.
I hope you're doing ok, Coco. Are you still able to keep up at home with out too much stress? Is work going ok for you? Is the hypomania still pushing your buttons?
I wanted to tell you, your comment on my blog really meant a lot to me. It was really special, and... yeah. I even read it to hubby. Thank you.
Ah, the roller coaster.
Jane, hi ;) Yes, things are copable (new word?) on the home front for the most part, but could be a lot smoother and more consistent. I get triggered and or overwhelmed it seems a lot, and detach a lot too much. Then re-engage, then detach... Work is helping more than harming at the moment so that's all good.
My comment? You're very welcome my dear; you've got a special something about you, and I always love to hear your thoughts. Even when it's just about different coffee cups! lol! ;)
Crystal.... you know it baby! ;)
Post a Comment