
'Twas brillig and the slithy toves
did gyre and gimble in the wabe'
A few lines from Lewis Caroll's Jabberwocky poem. The first line of which has been repeatedly running through my head aaaallllll daaaaaayyyyy at work. Why I don't know. It's been driving me crazy! I literally could not get it out! I hope this isn't some kind of obsessive thought business starting. Hmm.
The past few days have been much better. I snapped out of that one, and now go around with nonsense verse running through my head asking people if they know what Jabberwocky is. I've been surprised at how many people do not know, or have never heard of it. 'Is it a dance troupe?' 'Is it a Star Wars character?' 'I dunno'. Hmmm. I guess there are advantages to being a bookworm. If you consider that an advantage, which is quite debatable.
Actually I think what got the verse in there in the first place was Robbie Burns day yesterday. I was reading some verses of his on the web, and that lovely Scottish brogue I think kind of reminded me of the poem.
Anyway, all for now

No comments:
Post a Comment