Thursday, January 21, 2010

Fogville

I awoke with the same feeling of dread. Laid in bed a while wanting to prolong the coccooned feeling as long as possible. I could hear Drake getting ready for school early...he wanted to surprise me. He can be really sweet sometimes. Especially when he knows I'm not in the best frame of mine. Which makes me feel guilty.

Doing the school prep... lunches etc., was quite challenging, as I felt like I was still wrapped in the fog of sleep. That's the way I've kind of felt all day: like I can't wake up, a sleep hangover, disconnected from the waking world.

I did decide to push myself to do some things around the house to see if some adrenaline/sweat could kickstart me into wakey-wakey land, but doing the dishes, vacuuming the house and folding a load or 2 of laundry did little more than reinforce the notion that doing housework on one's day off really sucks. And is exhausting.

This is Brad and I's only day off together... we both work rotating schedules and have one day overlap (same day off) each week and it's always a different day. Challenging much? Yeah. Anyway, in order to manage housework a bit better, we're trying to do an hour or two of cleaning chores together on our day off, and then spend the rest of the day together doing whatever we want... usually going shopping or running errands etc. (We're pretty exciting). And usually we have Lucy for company as she's only in preschool still and they go half days.

Today we did our bottle returns, grabbed a drivethru lunch, then went over to visit my parents. Mom is laid up with a back problem. She's a very active lady and it's normally hard for her to sit still, so it's a good thing she's on major pain killers or she'd be insane by now. She's waiting for back surgery, and it could be awhile. I've been helping out a bit with meals and visiting more frequently, so it's been interesting. She's in good spirits, so that's excelllent. Although she (and we all are) concerned about my brother who was hospitalized last week for major depression with minor psychosis. he's always been a pretty together, successful guy so this has been a wake-up call for all involved including his grown children who are helping him through this over in the big city. Anyway, another time for that story.

After leaving there and picking up the kids we dropped them back off at home, and while Jordy bbsat the younger ones we went to our initial appointment with a counsellor who is hopefully going to sort out some of the problems we're experiencing in this wonderful family of ours. Namely, Drake's tic/behavioral challenges, and Tasha's anxiety issues. Oh and, yes, my depression/bipolar and it's impact... lots of different things going on that we've finally realized are beyond our ability to sort through alone. WE NEED HELP. That was really hard to admit, but we did, and we're actively seeking it. Yay us. What a mess.

4 comments:

JC said...

I'm glad you're able to see a counsellor. I hope it works out for you!

Coco said...

Thanks Jane. I really hope so too... it's a good feeling knowing there's even that possibility ;)

Spin Original said...

Wow, seems like things are a little bit out of whack at your house! I pray things get better and that seeing a counsellor does the whole family well!!

<3

Coco said...

A little bit out of whack...yup, I guess that's a pretty good description of our situation. Thanks for the prayers PJ ;)