Friday, January 16, 2009

Better

Today my spirits picked up, although I still find myself very low key & reflective. I went to work and ended up working in a different wing which means I met some new people. I didn't know how that would be for me, not really knowing where my mood was going today, after a very bad day yesterday, and whether or not I'd feel really uncomfortable and avoidant, or what, but it turns out I was very level, and the effect of hearing different people's different stories was one of refreshment. I love the elderly so much, it's like they feed my soul.

I guess I'm going to have to take this day by day. I've never really known a bad day like yesterday while being on antidepressants, it really frightened me into thinking they had stopped working. It felt almost as bad as when I was off them last. This is new and very alarming to me. I'll have to brace myself for a different ride this time I guess. Right now it feels like I'll be able to handle it. We'll see what tomorrow brings.

9 comments:

JC said...

I'm so glad you had a better day!!! (((Coco))) I've also noticed that when the plan and/or meds change, our bodies and minds reactions are different than they also once were. I'll be praying that you have a good day tomorrow :)

Immi said...

Annoying as it it, it often takes months to fully adjust to new meds. So try not to stay discouraged. It's great you had a better day today. Hopefully yesterday was just a bump in the road!

Coco said...

Thanks so much Jena, I'm beginning to realize this, cause it just hasn't been a problem so far in med changes. Thanks for the prayers xox

Hi Immi, I had no idea I'd be in for such a long adjustment period. I have so much more empathy for those that have to tweak and retweak their meds regualarly. No fun. Thanks for stopping by!

JC said...

Hey Coco... just to let you know I'm missing you. Hope you are doing ok. xoxo

Anonymous said...

Hi there Coco,
Guess you wrote this more than a month ago, but I am curious. Are you still doing well on the Cymbalta or have you backslidden a bit? I did well on Cymbalta for many months and then slid downhill gradually.......ended up having to add two other drugs. I feel like sometimes my body gets used to a drug and it ceases to be effective. I told my doctor that once and he got quiet and did not respond. Hmmmmmmm.

Anonymous said...

Just checking in on you. Hope to hear from you soon!

Mr B The Tech Teacher said...

*hugsmuch* Just dropping by to see how you are hun and say thanks for the comment :)
Hope you're doing well, we misses ya!

~Shiv

Spin Original said...

Hey Coco! Just wondering how things are going. Thinking of you today. <3

Spin Original said...

So, it's been nearly a year... are you coming back?? How are things going? Would love to hear from you.