Thursday, January 15, 2009

Discouraged

Nothing seems worth the effort the past few days. I took a few days off work thinking I was coming down with something. Seems I was, but it probably isn't virus related. I thought the Cymbalta was working really well. Not sure why I'm so melancholy. It's not hormone related that I know of. Although after watching Oprah today I think I will get my hormone levels checked. I'm now officially 'in my 40's'. Scary when I feel little more than 12 sometimes. I told my wonderful counsellor today that I couldn't afford her weekly sessions. She didn't say much, but set me up with a few alternative resources. Nothing I'll probably persue. I feel like nothing is ever going to work, or is even worth it. Self-pity? Maybe, but I think it's pretty realistic at the same time. Life. Fuck it.

3 comments:

JC said...

Oh hun... I totally know the feeling, and i truly believe it will pass. Sometimes it takes a while, and when you're in it, it's the most awful place to be. Let it run it's course, hang in there, get rest when you can, and don't sweat the small stuff. Sometimes the road gets bumpy and we don't always know why. (((((coco))))) Love, Jena

Coco said...

Thanks love, you always have uplifting words...you're wonderful.

Anonymous said...

Yah! My doc recommended a counselor for me. I told him that I probably would not go because I couldn't afford it. No comment on his part. Funny how docs often become silent when you hit a nerve. They don't want to hear that their patients can't afford things. I guess they probably get frustrated because they can't solve the financial problems of all their patients, but a little sympathy would be nice, eh?