Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Change of Focus


I'm changing the focus of this blog from 'record-keeping of kid stuff' to 'let's see if some blog-therapy will help with this whole bipolar curveball'. I didn't do so well at the record-keeping it seems anyway.



Also, in researching bipolar and coming across so many amazing people's blogs, I want to somehow reach out to others... to support and be supported. It's such a hard thing for me to do, but I think very necessary if I'm going to make any mileage on this so-called road to recovery. My ongoing battles with 'fear of rejection' rear up big time. But at the very least I can hopefully gain some benefit from the journalling aspect of this.

Yeah. I think I'm finally ready for this.

3 comments:

JC said...

Thank you for visiting my blog and your comment, I hope you find blogging just as therapeutic as I have. I've found wonderful support on the bipolar front here. :)

marja said...

Hi Coco, Thanks for visiting my blog. Hope you write more here, because it's good for you, you know. Hope you're doing well.

Anonymous said...

Record keeping never works for me. I start strong and slowly fizzle until I reach a point where I can't even remember that I was keeping records. My most recent failure was a year ago when I tried to keep track of my blood pressure, diet and exercise regimen on WebMd sponsered by my employer's health plan. I lasted maybe a month and then completely forgot about the thing and moved on to my next obsession. Blogging for me is just therapy and a way to vent or be silly. I just write whatever news article strikes me or whatever thoughts whether silly or serious come to me at the time. If I tried to discipline myself to making blogging about something in particular, I would quickly burn out! Carry on, it's good for you.

P.S. Thanks for stopping by and commenting on my site! Was nice to have a new visitor so I don't feel like I'm talking to myself all the time, lol.